Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Disagreement Song

I woke up this morning with this stupid little song running through my head--I don't know why.  Still, it's been bugging me to get out so I decided to write it down so I could get the thing out of my system.  The fractal cookie is called Opposites Flower--chosen for obvious reasons.
-
I say yes but you say no.
I say stop and you say go.
I ask why but you don't know.
And round and round and round we go.
-
I say lemon: you say lime
I say rosemary: you say it's thyme.
I say it's rhythm: you say it's rhyme.
At least we agree that's it's a crime.
-
I think it's red: you swear it's blue
I say it's old: you say it's new.
We both agree it smells pee-yew!
But can't agree on what to do.
-
I say he's "Cheech": you say he's "Chong".
I know I'm right: you say I'm wrong.
This fight has gone on far too long.
So now i's time to end this song.

No comments: