Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cali Boyz

I wrote this poem for my nieces Melissa when we were talking about her dating troubles Read it and you may find that it echoes problems found by many single women here in the Golden State. The fractal is called Venus in honor of the Greek Goddess of Love.



OC boys are insincere.
L.A. boys are plastic.
I.E. boys are strange my dear.
San Diego Boys are spastic.
Palm Springs boys are hot and sweaty.
Big Bear boys are way too petty.
Berkeley boys are egghead jerks
Ventura boys are brain-dead flirts.
San Francisco? Don’t go there!
East Bay boyz give you a scare.
Central Valley? Aggie freaks!
Silicon Valley? Total Geeks!
Sacramento? Not today!
I hate the boys from San Jose.
NorCal boys love to hug a tree.
(But why oh why won’t they hug me?)
I tried them all, their flaws revealed.
My God who’s left? Yep, Bakersfield!!!!

No comments: